This week’s pod is dedicated to food! We triage the favorite foods of several top Tour de France riders as well as provide some seasonal recommendations to enjoy while watching a windy first week along the coast of France. Also: The Marketing Department crashes the pod to try to publicly shame PruDog into cleaning the den. And we review the Jalapeno and Super Soul Crusher Rides.
Cycling discussion topics:
– Our hosts critique a VeloNews helmet review. Tweet us your best picture of a crashed helmet! Check out the Virginia tech helmet ratings.
– After differentiating themselves by marketing bike frames with “one-by” front chainrings, 3T announces that they are now releasing the Strada Due designed for 2x drivetrains.
– The latest doping sagas in the Tour de France
– Tour de France predictions
Feature: Tour De France Chef’s Triage
– Strawberry Jam Dots for Froome
– Steak & Frites for Nibali
– Arborio Rice Cakes for Porte
– Bulk Gummy Options for Sagan
– Wine and smoked food pairings for Tour de France 2018
What we rode:
2018 Jalapeno Ride:
2018 Soul Crusher Ride:
The Double Grind on The Socials:
Hosted by Michael “PruDog” Pruitt and Chef Craig Hetherington.