Contact us about:
–sponsoring the calendar
–featuring your events
–adding your events to the calendar.
- This event has passed.
The Big Run 5K
June 5 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm PDT
On June 5, Fleet Feet Sports locations nationwide will hold a local 5K race to celebrate Global Running Day. Together, Fleet Feet Sports Seattle and Northwest Trail Runs will be hosting a 5k trail race at Interlaken Park!
From Fleet Feet Seattle: We want to see the whole community participate because, seriously, running together rocks. Let us recap the ways:
• You get to join Fleet Feet Sports communities across the country in a nationally-coordinated 5K race taking place in different locations all on the same day.
• It’s on a Wednesday—who couldn’t use a mid-week pump-up?
• Post-race BBQ so that we can all welcome Summer with our arms wide open!
• Finish line games and DJ Forrest Gump!
• We know some people. And some pretty cool brands (cough, cough, Brooks). Let’s just say, we’re planning some fun raffle giveaways and category prizes.
The Big Run coincides with Global Running Day and is open to runners of all levels and abilities. OR if you prefer, we’re also looking for some volunteers.
Wednesday, June 5th
6:00pm – Day-of-event registration opens
6:55pm – Pre-start announcements
7:00pm – Start
8:30pm – Course closes
The course starts with an out-and-back tour of the fairly flat, paved Interlaken Boulevard, where it is closed to car traffic through this forest park. The course then turns up a short staircase and onto dirt trails, including a climb to the top of the park and back down to Interlaken Boulevard for the short return to the start/finish. Each loop is 2.5 km.
Event details subject to change; check event websites for details.