- This event has passed.
The Tygh Valley Infinity Ultra
May 1 @ 9:00 am - May 4 @ 5:00 pm PDT
An event every year that begins at 9:00 am on day first of May, repeating until May 6, 2023
A TRULY UNIQUE ULTRA MARATHON
… THERE REALLY IS NO FINISH LINE!
… How long can you last?…
FIELD LIMIT: 200
Race Start Time 9:00 AM
Race Date: May 4 – ?
Start Location: Wasco County Fair and Rodeo Grounds (Hunt Park)
Many will start, one will win. Last person standing!
ALL PARTICIPANTS WILL START TOGETHER. THEY HAVE 40-MIUNTES TO COMPLETE A FAIRLY FLAT 5K LOOP ON A VARIETY OF RUNNING SURFACES.
A NEW 5K STARTS EVERY 40-MINUTES. SO EVERYONE IS TIED AT THE END OF EACH 5K LOOP.
– You cannot start early. Everyone starts together. Everyone is tied.
– You are done when you cannot finish a 5K in under 40-minutes.
– Partial loops do not count.
– Last person to complete a loop in under 40-minutes wins.
– Be prepared to run the course in the dark.
– We will have the rodeo grandstand lights on all night. So much of the course will have some light.
– ALL participants will receive beautiful DNF Medals. The winner will get a giant trophy.
COURSE: The course loops will start and finish in front of the Rodeo Grandstands at Hunt Park/Wasco County Fairgrounds in Tygh Valley. The course will run through the fairgrounds and park and also out onto the frontage road. We will post basic maps in February.
MORE COURSE DETAILS:
– We will have aid at the end of each loop. There is camping walking distance from start/finish. We will have a schedule also posted where other food will be available. The local 4H will have hamburgers etc available for sale.
– There will also be plenty of dry space to store your own support/clothing/etc.
– There will be toilets at the start and finish.
– Support crew are welcome at the start/finish. For this year we are not allowing other on course support (for safety.)
– NO PACERS.
ON COURSE SUPPORT (available START/FINISH each 5K):
+ Fruit (bananas, oranges)
+ Defizzed Cola
+ Assorted Gel’s
+ Animal Cookies
** There will also be some other food items available for purchase (randomly during the competition) as provided by local volunteers/school programs.
** Widmer beer will be available for the entire race.
LODGING and EXTRAS:
The Imperial River Company is about 20-minutes away. It is located in Maupin, on the banks of the Deschutes. Friday night there will likely be some dinner specials for participants and their crew.
CAMPING ON SITE: WE will be staging at the fairgrounds where camping is available at Hunt Park. Please contact them for options: Call 541-483-2288 for Reservations and here is a link to the facilities;
The event will support the Maupin School athletic programs as well as the band. We will also be working with the local 4H organization.
Prizes and Awards and Goodies:
The last person standing will receive a giant trophy. Everyone else will get a very cool DNF Medal. There honor that comes with it. All participants who register before April 15, will also get a commemorative shirt. We will have other special prizes to give out as well… some random, some not.
** Some of the special awards will be announced prior to race and some will not.
Event details subject to change. Check event websites for details.