State Parks covid guidelines beginning March 8:
As you venture out to enjoy Your Big Backyard, we urge you to recreate responsibly.
Here's what that looks like in our parks and on our trails:
- Keep your distance. Recreate with those in your household. Give others plenty of room and communicate who will step aside on the trail (trail etiquette gives hikers coming uphill the right of way).
- Stay local. Don’t stray too far from home when recreating and keep rural communities safe by minimizing stops and bringing all that you’ll need for your outing.
- Keep it moving. Use parks and trails for walking, running, riding, rolling, and passing through.
- Plan ahead. Be prepared to go somewhere else if your destination seems crowded. Add hand sanitizer and a mask or other face covering to your 10 Essentials.
- Play it safe. Keep your activities within your comfort and skill level to reduce the risk of injury and adding to the strain on our health care and emergency services.
- Leave no trace. Take any garbage with you, including disposable face masks and gloves.